Portugal is now ready to welcome tourism as it has been easing out of a carefully controlled and phased lockdown during May, with the beaches now open, and today the reopening of shopping malls, museums, historic buildings, cinemas and theatres .
Portugal fortunately has had one of the lightest infection rates within Europe, with the Algarve one of the lightest affected regions within the country.
There are safety certifications in place, and all our properties will be following and in accordance with these regulations named: CLEAN & SAFE:
- Our staff are monitored daily for signs of high temperature, cough and breathing problems
- Every property will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to any arrival. Liquid soap and disinfectants for both hands and surfaces, and a cloth, will be provided .
- Bathrooms, kitchen , all door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remote controls and floors throughout will be disinfected prior to your arrival.
- All cutlery, crockery, utensils and glasses is washed at 60ºc.
- The swimming pool will be especially carefully monitored and treated accordingly.
- All towels and bed linens are washed at 60ºc
As social distancing of 2 metres is required, the maid service will not visit you during your stay ( unless specially requested ) ie: If you are staying for less than 7 days, upon your arrival you will be provided with one additional set of towels per person ( to cover the normal mid week change) , and if you are staying for 7 + days, a change of linens and towels will be dropped off and the used laundry collected in special bags provided.
There is a washing machine in the property which is available for your use.
Portuguese regulations include :
Social distancing of 2m must be followed. Masks must be worn in all enclosed spaces and there will be a sign outside shops and offices with the maximum number of persons permitted to enter at any one time, normally controlled with a security person. On entering you will be requested to use the hand disinfectant provided.
Beaches also have a designated maximum capacity for every beach , which allows 8.5 m2 ( 91 sq ft ) per person.
Restaurants have strict distancing and other regulations in place eg 50% occupation ( can be 100% if they have created a cubicle for every table )
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you !